It’s been a cracker of a footy season, and every AFL fan has one thing on their mind: the 2014 Grand Final. It’s just over a month away, and to celebrate, we’re giving away tickets for four to the game! Check out the Betta Facebook page to enter.
For everyone planning to watch at home, we’ve got two awesome recipes to make the Grand Final a day to remember:
4 Ripe Hass Avocadoes, halved
2 Truss Tomatoes, diced
1 Spanish onion, diced
1 Clove of Garlic
1 Tbsp olive oil
Juice of 1 lime
- Remove skin and seed from avocadoes, as well as any brown bits and discard.
- Place avocado in a large bowl, and mash well with a fork.
- Add all other ingredients and mix thoroughly. Add pepper to taste.
500g beef mince
1 Brown Onion, diced
1 Sachet Taco Seasoning
2 cups grated cheese
2 bags plain corn chips
- Brown the mince and onion in a pan over high heat, and add the seasoning and ¾ cup of water.
- Allow mixture to cook and reduce until most of the water is gone
- Arrange corn chips on two plates and divide half of the cheese between them
- Place both plates under grill in oven. Keep a close on them to ensure they don’t burn – the cheese just needs to melt.
- Remove plates from oven (careful, they’re hot!) and divide beef mixture between them. Sprinkle remaining cheese over both and place under grill until new cheese is fully melted
- Served with guacamole and a large dollop of sour cream.
For a chance to get closer to the action, enter to win tickets to the AFL Grand Final, on the Betta Facebook page.