Break out the hot cross buns and get ready to stash the eggs around the garden, because it’s almost time for Easter! In this blog post are some of our best tips and recipes for making Easter Sunday special.
Easter Egg Hunt
One of the best times of the day! It’s best to lay out the eggs around the garden while the kids are still sleeping, to give them a little magical surprise when they wake up.
If you’re feeling extra creative, pay a visit to your local dollar store to pick up some fun knick knacks for the hunt. This could be as simple as colourful baskets for the hunt, or even some bunny paw print stencils to put Easter Bunny tracks around the house.
Broccoli & Cauliflower Bake
This cheesy bake is the perfect seasonal side to the roast. Add some roast veggies and a nice thick gravy and lunch is all set!
- 1 x head of Broccoli
- 1x head of Cauliflower (half)
- 100g butter
- 100g plain flour
- 1L milk
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 200c
- Cut the broccoli and cauliflower into florets and steam over the stovetop. Steam for 3 minutes, or until cooked, but still crisp. (They will finish cooking the oven)
- Arrange the florets in a ceramic or glass baking dish.
- In another pan, melt butter over low heat and add the flour. Mix together to form a paste.
- Slowly add milk while stirring butter and flour through with whisk.
- Once all milk has been added, continue stirring over low heat.
- Add a pinch of nutmeg.
- As sauce begins to thicken, sprinkle cheese through while stirring.
- As sauce boils, remove from heat and pour evenly over broccoli and cauliflower.
- Sprinkle a little more shredded cheese over the top and bake for 10 mins until brown and crisp on top.
Want access to exclusive specials, competitions and sneak previews of new product releases? Join the Club Betta family to receive our e-Newsletter!
Click here to find your nearest Betta Home Living store.