Recently we asked our Facebook fans to share their top tasty and nutritious school lunch box ideas.
We received some really fantastic tips that we decided to share them here, along with a few of our own favourites.
Facebook fan Theresa Harvey said: “If your child is not a big breakfast eater, by the time it’s morning tea they are starving. I pack 2 Weet-Bix with butter and vegemite. Healthy and low GI.”
“Make up a nice jelly, cut fruit into it and freeze [it] in tupperware [for a] snack cup to have after a sandwich! Tastes great and keeps [their] sandwich cold,” suggested Vanda Silman.
Holly Mitchell wrote: “I bake a healthy, sugar free oat slice for my daughter’s lunchbox rather than packaged muesli bars.”
More back-to-school lunch ideas from the Betta team:
- Flesh out last night’s pasta leftovers with some steamed carrots and broccoli – quick and easy!
- Sick of sandwiches? Refresh your lunchbox style with wraps – they’re nutritious and the kids will love the fun colours they come in like green (spinach) and purple (sweet potato)
- Similarly, try wholegrain pita pockets filled with ingredients like turkey, spinach leaves and healthy dips
- What kid (or grown-up) doesn’t love pizza! Amp up the nutritional factor with wholegrain pita bread, loads of vegetables (fresh and grilled) and low-fat cheese
- Get the kids to take a hearty soup or dinner leftovers to school in a thermos
- Make healthy nachos with homemade tomato salsa, guacamole and multigrain tortilla chips packed in separate, small containers
- For a finishing touch, put a sweet little note in their lunchbox!
Betta tip: these great lunches aren’t just for kids – they’re also great for taking to work!
Enjoying this blog? Subscribe to our feed and stay updated on new posts.
Want access to exclusive specials, competitions and sneak previews of new product releases? Join the Club Betta family to receive our e-Newsletter!
Click here to find your nearest Betta Home Living store.