The laundry room can sadly be the most disliked area in the house. This is unfortunate because it’s also where you’re likely to spend a lot of time!
All the more reason to re-organise and spruce up your laundry room to make the most of the space and to ensure that doing the laundry is as pleasant as possible.
Here are our tips for a space-efficient laundry makeover:
- Save space with a washer and dry combo. If you prefer a separate washer and dry, try to stack one on top of the other.
- Keep everything clutter-free and make it easy to find what you need by storing laundry products in baskets attached to the walls and the inside of the door.
- Put in a pull-out drying rack (or two!); this way you won’t take up standing space in the middle of the room.
- Just because it’s the laundry room is no reason to leave it looking drab. Make doing laundry feel like less of a chore by brightening up the area with some bright paint and accessories in fun colours.
- If you don’t have a laundry room at all, think of another area in the house where you could kill two birds for one stone. Can you section off some of the garage for your washing machine, or put the machine in the bathroom? Maybe there’s a pantry or linen closet you don’t really need – remove the shelves to create space for laundry.
- Storage accessories are your best friend. Put in small shelves so every item has a place; use boxes, baskets and cubbies to organise the washing and products; keep costs down and give old boxes you already have around the home a new life by covering them with pretty, leftover fabric. While you’re at it, why not whip up some quick and simple curtains to hide cluttered shelves!
- Make ironing as easy as 1, 2, 3 with a slim and compact fold-away ironing centre that comes equipped with handy shelves.
Enjoying this blog? Subscribe to our feed and stay updated on new posts.
Want access to exclusive specials, competitions and sneak previews of new product releases? Join the Club Betta family to receive our e-Newsletter!
Click here to find your nearest Betta Home Living store.
(photo via Infoway)