Do you find yourself constantly throwing away uneaten leftovers and rotting fruits and vegetables forgotten in the very back of the fridge? There are some simple steps you can take to cut down on your food waste, and flex your creativity while you’re at it!
- Rather than throwing away those lamb offcuts, trim them, season them and combine them with some chopped vegetables in a slow cooker for a tender stew
- More often than not food is thrown out because it started to rot sooner than it should have. A vacuum seal system like the Sunbeam FoodSaver will let you keep food fresher for longer
- A FoodSaver is also a great way to get into bulk cooking: take one day to shop for and cook an entire month’s worth of a dish; once cooked, divide the food into one-person meal portions in freezer-safe containers or vacuum seal bags, then simply defrost over the course of the next month as needed!
- Plan your meals at the start of the week, then create a shopping list and stick to it!
- Peruse cook books and online recipe directories to get ideas for dishes that can be used in a variety of ways e.g. bolognaise sauce can go with pasta one night and rice the next, and the leftovers can be frozen
- Leftover casserole? Use it up in homemade pies with help from a pie maker!
Enjoying this blog? Subscribe to our feed and stay updated on new posts.
Want access to exclusive specials, competitions and sneak previews of new product releases? Join the Club Betta family to receive our e-Newsletter!
Click here to find your nearest Betta Home Living store.